Saturday, January 23, 2010

An Update:

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with my blog lately. I must say I have been in a self-pity type of state for a while and haven't felt like blogging.

My back problems have come back worse than ever. I am having surgery in February. The first round of Clomid was my last round, at least for now. I have to take care of myself before I can take care of a little one.

So, for now I have been focusing on my ancestors, researching the past. Since I can't do anything presently or in the near future, it helps that I can look at things in the past & try to figure them out.  Whether my family before me were good, bad or ugly.. it really doesn't matter. Just learning about them is fascinating to me.  It is a welcomed retreat from my day to day struggles with back pain and migraines.  And it helps that I haven't been focusing so much time on my fertility issues.

By the way, I have been on time, every month.. since October. Go figure.

I guess I am glad that I have had a break to think about different things.  I want a baby more than ever, but I don't have baby fever.  I don't cry at the thought of someone else having a baby.  I am glad that I don't use the words "vagina, cervical mucus, penis, sperm, semen, etc" in daily conversations anymore.  Okay, maybe daily, but less frequently.  It's funny to have a conversation with someone who isn't an extremely close friend & use the words so freely.  A lot of people are taken aback by this.. hmmm.  I don't censor myself. Maybe I should?

So, anyway ladies, I miss you. I am sorry that I have not been here to keep up with everything going on in your lives.  I can't promise that I will be on here daily (although I am going to try to keep up).. but I can promise that I have email on my phone that I keep by me 24/7.

takeherwithyou@gmail.com

Also, I have AIM & Yahoo.

AIM: ewwiheartyou
Yahoo: iwillhavetogowithano  < that's I will have to go with a no (not ano, which I have been told is spanish for anus?)

So, ladies.. I ask that you let me know how you are doing. Send me a little note, a kind word.. anything. I miss you. Good luck. Sticky vibes, the whole nine.

Love you!

~Kelsey M



Daisypath Anniversary tickers

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you. I was wondering what happened to you.

    Sorry about your back hurting so much and now leading to surgery.

    I hope you get back in the TTC saddle soon and your back straigtens out.

    Sometimes a mental break is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about you the other day and was wondering how you were doing! I'm sorry to hear that you're still battling the back pain. I hope that your surgery will help and that you'll be feeling more like yourself again very soon. :)

    As for taking a TTC break, you're totally right. You have to take care of yourself first. My mom always says, "Be sure to take care of yourself because if you don't, no one else will either". We went through the same thing a little more than a year ago...although not with the back pain. We had to put the TTC on the back burner for other health reasons (mainly getting my insulin resistance and weight under control). Even though it was a hard decision, it was the BEST decision that we could have made. Once I got out of the "baby fever" state of mind and focused on what I needed to do to be my best, it was liberating.

    Now, I'm not saying that everyday was easy or that I didn't get the urge to start TTC again before it was 'time' but not focusing our lives around TTC and CM and my cycles was a great thing. It gave me time to get healthy, both physically and mentally, and it prepared me better for where we are now.

    I hope that the same can be said for you. Enjoy some Kelsey time and take good care of yourself! I wish I was close enough to come by and help you out after your surgery. Boo! But if you ever need a listening ear, you know where to find me. :)

    Keep us posted on your progress...and be good to you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete