I guess I need to introduce myself to my one follower, because I realize the whole time I've been doing this whole blog thing, I've really never done that.. I guess I assumed no one else would care to read. Here goes, for my one follower & anyone else who is reading this:
By now, you have probably figured out my name is Kelsey. I am 23 years young. My husband & I have been married since March 15, 2008. My hubby's name is Karl & he is 32 years young. No, that was not a typo, he is 32. I have always considered myself to be mature for my age. Sure, sure, I can be a bit of a goofball, but I have never quite been on my peers' levels. Plus, he is a goofball & kind of immature sometimes, so it evens out.
I have 3 siblings, all brothers. I don't talk to my oldest brother-my father's son, not mom's-(who is 11 years older than me) & he will probably never be mentioned here unless I am talking about things from my childhood that I wish I could forget. I do get along with my other brothers, one is 5 years older than me & one is 7 years younger. The 16 year old has a mild form of Autism, as well as other mental/emotional conditions. There was never a dull moment when I lived with him!
My parents were married (although maybe not happily) until recently when they separated. I guess they are still, legally, married. My mom takes care of my younger brother & her mother, my grandmother. I admire her so much. She is really a strong woman and a wonderful mother. I can only hope that when my husband and I finally have children that I can be the type of mother that she has been to me. She has maintained the right balance between parent & friend.
My relationship with my dad, however, has been less than perfect. He is a "reformed" alcoholic, you know, the ones that tell you your going to hell for everything you do. I love him to death! He really tries to be a good person & a good father, I respect him for it. I guess he couldn't help his father was a bastard! Ultimately, I think that's the reason he is the way he is.. but enough about that, let's talk about me some more!
I was diagnosed with PCOS @ 17. I didn't realize the impact it would have on me. The doctor told me it would be harder for me to have children than the average woman, but at 17, you really don't comprehend what that means. I wasn't in a serious relationship; I had no idea in 3 short years I'd meet the love of my life! I didn't think about how this would effect me in the long run. It has been one thing after another!
I'm overweight. I'm insulin resistant (which is part of the reason I'm overweight). I have high cholesterol. I have a few things going against me right now. My husband is overweight as well. We are probably each at least 80lbs overweight.
Hmm... what else? Well, I just love babies! Nothing would make me happier than to be a mother. So.. that's it, I think. Any questions?
~Kelsey M
awareness graphics
awareness graphics
awareness graphics



Thanks Kelsey!
ReplyDeleteGreat intro! Great new look too! PCOS does suck, but it can be overcome. Two of my cousins have it and both have healthy children.
I know, life comes at us fast, doesn't it? It sounds like you have a very interesting family and a good marriage.
I look forward to following your journey!