Friday, August 28, 2009

Whoops! Sorry, I haven't written in a while! I guess we really haven't been trying since we know we are going to start Clomid soon. Plus, I am having problems with my cycle.

So, we went the doctor on Aug 20. It was exciting! Karl came with me. The doctor came in and we were talking about how long my husband and I have been trying to have a baby. I have actually been trying since we got married (lol!). But we have really been trying for several months now. I have known since I was 17 that I ovulate spontaneously and irregularly. I have irregular periods. Actually, for the past few months the only cycles I have been having are cycles I've had to take meds to induce.

I had to get a shot to start my last cycle & it seems like it may be the same way this cycle. I really need to start eating better! That's probably why I have been having such a hard time starting.

My husband was given a cup & told how to collect his sperm & where to bring it. I was told once I started I needed to call and set an appt up anywhere from cycle day 7 to 12 to have a procedure done to look at my tubes. As long as my husband & I both check out okay with our individual procedures, we will start Clomid next month! YAYYYYYYYY! I was semi-disappointed. I had assumed that I would start Clomid this month. But I do understand why we have to wait. I would hate to finally get pregnant only to find out I have an ectopic pregnancy & have that whole thing to deal with.. or to find out Karl has a low sperm count & that's contributing to our problems. I am really glad my OBGYN is so thorough. She also said that she wouldn't be offended if after we got everything checked & we felt things were going to slowly, if we decided to go to the fertility specialist down the hall. I really like the fact that she seems to know everything I am feeling! She is really wonderful. I am glad she will be on my side helping me do the best that I can to get pregnant & have a healthy pregnancy & baby.

I just hope that I can get pregnant soon after Clomid like my mom did.. I don't know if I can handle years of trying. I am already about to pull my hair out!

~Kelsey M


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment