Saturday, September 12, 2009

BIRTHDAY cake

I had a semi-eventful day.  I went to a birthday party for one of my friend's daughters.  Her birthday is actually on Sept. 22, but they never seem to have good luck when they do a party closer to her bday.  She is going to be 9 years old. I feel old!  Well, I guess I do & don't. Yes, I remember vividly when Alexis was a baby; I was only 14 years old when she was born, though!  My friend was only 14.  I remember my dad flipping & not wanting me to see her once he found out she was preggers (actually, once he found out she had a baby more like it--I knew he'd flip so I didn't say anything until she had her).

This party was full of children! It further punctuated my feeling of inadequacy that I haven't become a mother yet.  I love kids, but lately being around them just reminds me that I don't have any of my own.  I know, I know, I'm young!  I always hear "You have your whole life ahead of you.  You have time!"  BLAH BLAH! 

I married a man 9 years older than me.  Even if I have 10-15 years, he doesn't want to be having his first child @ 45. I don't blame him!  If it happens, well, it happens, but I'd rather not be in that particular situation.  I am not condemning anyone who has babies @ 45.. don't get me wrong. Hell, my dad was 46 when I was born (&& 53 when my lil bro was born). Eh, that's probably why I am not wasting anytime trying to have some little ones!

Uhm, yeah.. one day I hope to be in my friend's position. Having a busy, exhausting day celebrating the birthday of one my children!

~Kelsey M

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment