My hubby comes in & wakes me up at 5:45am. My injection appt was at 8:00am, they said we had to be there for 7:30am, but with traffic in the morning, he wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to get there. This was strange because I am usually the person that has to wake him up. I realized very quickly that he was awake because he had never gone to sleep! WONDERUL! He's just loads of fun when he's tired.
So, we get to the Imaging Center @ 7am. Yeah, 7am. He was aware that I was perturbed that I had been awoken out of my slumber to be there 30 minutes early! No matter, we were there. After 30 minutes of waiting in the car, we walked into the center & I got signed in. They took me back almost immediately. I got an IV & got prepped for the procedure. They pumped me full of drugs & then some. I was in heaven & didn't feel a thing :)) My back still hurts, but it does take a day or two for the steroids to take effect.
I had an appt for a flu shot @ work, but we were both so sleepy we decided to cancel that and opted for a nap instead.
We went to Woman's Hospital (where my GYN is & also where my HSG was done). We had to go pay for my doctor's part of the procedure beforehand. Then, it was down to the Radiology Department. Well, it wasn't that easy. There was a lot of walking & asking involved. I had no idea where I was going!
Well, here comes the fun part! (might be TMI for some readers!!) :
My doctor had prepared me for the HSG. She told me what it involved & that I might experience some cramping. I made my hubby hold my hand!
This I will describe in great detail, because I feel I must share my violation in its' entirety.
I removed everything below the belt & put a gown over myself (as is standard for an "annual"--no surprise there). I proceeded to get on this hard x-ray table, scoot my butt all the way down to the end, with no stirrups & show my cash & prices to Dr. G & the paintings on the wall. She says "I will insert the speculum, just like with your pap smear." Okay, you know, I have had those before, I'll be fine!!
This was like an ultra sized speculum! It felt soo much bigger than the one I am used to during paps. I mean.. WTF?
After this, I let everyone in the room know that there was NO WAY I was having a baby vaginally sans epidural.
Touche'. But I am sure my VAH-JAY-JAY is going to be stretched a hell of a lot more than this speculum is stretching it!! I mean.. come on Dr. G, get real!
So, after all of this, I do find out some good news. My tubes are clear. Thank you TUBES!! I was hoping I hadn't gone through all that bull
The next time I am experiencing painful pain (as opposed to pleasureable pain--hush, you know you like it) in & around my HOO-HAH, there better be a little life coming out of it!
We were told to try this month & hubby needs to get his sperm sample in & call the doc on cycle day one next month. WOO HOO!
~Kelsey M
awareness graphics
awareness graphics
awareness graphics



No comments:
Post a Comment