Yes, yes, my husband & I exercised last night! YAY! We both need to lose weight & we are trying to get on track. We were talking about why we are making certain lifestyle changes in our walk.
April 1st (which happened to be my hubby's 32nd b-day), we decided to quit smoking. I made that promise to myself & haven't looked back. Not once. Not even when I wanted more than anything else in the world to have one tiny puff.
My hubby, on the other hand, has. Several times. I don't sound bitter, do I? Okay, okay, maybe a little at first.
I made that commitment to my babies. No, no, I don't have any.. yet. But I know I will, by any means necessary (Clomid, IUI, adoption, etc). I want to be healthy for my future children. I, not only want to bring healthy babies into this world, but I want to be healthy for them. I want them to be able to grow up with both of their parents. That's why I am so worried about my hubby maintaining his quit.
I'm not worried about my health for my sake. Isn't that sad? But my hubby isn't worried about his health for his sake either. Last night, as we were walking, he said one of the sweetest things he'd ever said to me. He said "I'm doing this all to make you happy. I'm not concerned about myself, I'm worried about your happiness. Is that bad?"
No.. well.. yes, BUT IT WAS SO SWEET! I don't think your motivation really matters, only that you do it.
Oh yes, ICLW'ers, if you want to know a little more about me, click here.
~Kelsey M
awareness graphics
awareness graphics
awareness graphics



Congratulations on quitting! I'm sorry your hubby isn't as committed as you are at this point, but you are doing wonderful! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete