Thursday, September 24, 2009

BOILING POINT - CHECK! (rant)

Okay, be forewarned - this post will contain a lot of swearing :



As you may or may not know, I have serious anxiety issues. I mean, seriously.  I am not going to pretend that I am a level headed individual. I have often wondered if I am bi-polar, because sometimes I'm okay & then sometimes I'm just.. ARGGHHH!!! But I don't have extreme highs & lows like that & all of the doctors have assured me that I just have Generalized Anxiety Disorder (& a serious hormonal imbalance). With that all being said, I had a horrible night!

These fucking people at Walgreens are going to make me lose my shit!  No lie! My hubby doesn't understand why I let people get me so worked up. It's called anxiety.  I just can't help it! 

This douchebag comes in & says

"Uh (looks at nametag) Kelsey. I think you helped me last time & said my (C2 narcotic name here) was too early.  I want you to look it up and tell me if I can fill it before I wait 20 minutes."

Me:"Okay, Mr. Douchebag. Let's see.  Yes, I'm sorry. Unfortunately you're still a little too early on that. It was last filled on August 27 and the pharmacists here won't let us fill any narcotics more than 2 days early. I'm sorry"

Douchebag: "See, I just don't get it. The last time I got it was Aug 27, what's too early about that?"
Then he storms off, then he comes back.

Douchebag: "I want to see that in writing."

Me: "Pharmacist! Can you please come speak with this gentleman about his medication?"

Well, ASSHOLE Pharmacist goes over there & completely disregards everything I have said about this! Of course he is a substitute because all of our pharmacists are at other stores because they're all immunizers.  Why do we get stuck with dumb jerks?

Anyway, he tells this guy that I was talking about the insurance.  Uh, no, I wasn't.  So, the guy asks him to run it on the insurance to see if they will pay for it.  They do, of course.  But that's not the fucking point!! The point is: it is TOO FUCKING EARLLLYYY!!!  So, I ask him if we are filling it for him & he says yes.  & I told him (by him I mean the pharmacist) that I wasn't saying that because of the insurance, I was saying it because it was too early.  Apparently he didn't give a shit because he didn't even blink.  What a jerk!  All of my fellow techs were pissed with me.  What the hell is this guy doing?   We don't go just filling Controlled Substances all WILLY NILLY!


 && I'm done


~Kelsey M

4 comments:

  1. AAAARRRRGGGHHH! You don't need to have any anxiety issues to be pissed about that one! Especially the pharmasist A-hole!

    Sorry you have to deal with that crap :-(

    Happy ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is just insane!! jerkface!! i agree, that is just a plain old normal reaction to an arsehole!!

    ILCW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why were your fellow techs pissed with you? It wasn't your fault?

    Sorry you had a crappy day!

    My poor Grandma goes through that with her eye medicine. But it her insurance that won't pay for it even 2 days early. She doesn't drive and is legally blind so she has a tough time getting a "ride" on exactly the every 30 day mark. But that is not a controlled substance issue...it is a medicare issue.

    I know with controlled substances the pharmacy wants to make sure the person taking them are not selling them illegally or overdosing.

    Did the pharmacist know the guy? Does the guy have a terminal illness?? Just trying to figure out why the pharmacist was being a douche bag to you and blatantly went against policy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, they were pissed like.. along with me. We were all pissed at the pharmacist! No, this guy was getting an ADD med! To me, that is sooooo not a necessity & I don't see any reason anybody needs to be getting that before it's due. I have no idea why the pharmacist did that, other than he's a douche.

    ReplyDelete