So, of course my doctor looked @ me like I was freakin' nuts when I said I wanted to her to make sure I didn't have a brain tumor. Wait, reverse :
Today I had an appointment with my Primary Care Physician (PCP). I have been getting these headaches for a while now. They will come, stay for a few weeks & go away for a few months. Then, they'll come back again & it just keeps repeating. This has been going on for almost a year. I have never been diagnosed with migraines, but my brother, Brian, has (this is not the oldest brother whom I loathe). He used to come home from work & would crawl to his room. They were so debilitating. I didn't think I had "migraines" because I would never feel as bad as my brother did, until last week.
Last week, I started feeling pressure around my eye. That happens right before a headache comes on. Then, the headache really set it & I got nauseous. Really nauseous. I was so miserable the whole day. I had to work, of course. I came home & took a Phenergan & was a gone pecan. I was dead to the world. When I woke up, it had gone away (but it had also been like 8 hours).
AnyWHO, I asked her if there was some kind of scan that we could do because with my luck I have some sort of brain tumor. I know, yall think I am crazy. Oh well! It just freaks me out because I get a lot of pressure around my left eye & I feel like it is going to pop out! That makes me worried that something is actually there pressing against it. I know, I know, rantings from a rrazy person. That's just how it feels.
Because she is the wonderful doctor that she is, she said she would go ahead & order a CT scan. She doesn't think I have anything to worry about other than migraines, but she said since this is a recent onset, we could go ahead and check it out. Yay! Also, she sent in a prescription to increase my Prozac to 40mg (yay again.. we think that's causing some of the migraines) & a script for Fioricet. I have dispensed that a lot, but never taken it. We'll see how it goes! I'll keep you posted.
How is everyone else doing today? Anyone have any strange ailments & or issues that they would like to discuss. I'm all ears, or eyes shall I say.
~Kelsey M
awareness graphics
awareness graphics
awareness graphics



Ouch, you poor thing. A friend of mine who has suffered from bad migraines her whole life thinks acupuncture is magic. The only thing that helps really. Sounds like you've got a great doc :-)
ReplyDeleteAside from mild carpal tunnel syndrome I feel pretty smashing today!
Ooo icky. I'm sorry you have been feeling so terrible. Glad your doctor is taking the time to give you the tests you desire. It's always nice to find someone who cares enough to check things out.
ReplyDeleteThat woman preggo with two babies two weeks apart is just crazy!!!
ReplyDeleteI don't think you are a hypochondriac. I mean, you don't have a brain tumour, but it's okay to want to seek relief by checking things out.
Happy ICLW!